Hey guys, how’s it going? So I found out that I was nominated by Lilly @ Lilly’s Book World for the Liebster Award! It was wonderful, thank you very much Lilly. If you have time, be sure to check our her lovely blog!
As I have read what the Liebster Award really was, it was kind of a coincidence for me really because I was nominated when I have 199 followers. SO IT WAS JUST IN TIME (thank you again Lilly)! If I was not nominated that time, then I would not be nominated ever again. Now I have more than 200, but it was all right if I could still do this award, right? RIGHT?
And yeah, I have 200+ lovely followers! Gosh. Is this real…
And I have 2000+ hits, too! SO. AWESOME.
Thank you so much for all your support. I REALLY love the community here on WordPress! It has been fun reading and commenting on your blogs.
So for a little announcement: I would be changing my name to Books y Gel. It’s because I can. Heehee, kidding aside, I believe I’ve been blogging about books so often, so instead of ol’ geelinlovesconan (which I thought was very weird and I have not written a post about Detective Conan my loves once, except when I took a picture of me with a DC background on New Year), I would change it! I’m having a little problem on the domain name, though. I’ll figure that out later.
I’m taking Spanish classes (and I’m loving it), and y –> and, so that’s pretty much what it means.
So, enough on the updates. Here’s the Liebster Award.
Let’s get started!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
My answers to Lilly’s questions:
1. What is your childhood nickname?
I believe I haven’t had any childhood nicknames (thank the heavens) except what I call myself now, Gel. As for the embarrassing ones, I still believe I haven’t had any (and if I happen to remember some, then it was called embarrassing for a reason… LOL)
2. What’s your favorite superhero?
Oh my, I’m really not a big fan of superheroes. But I’m a big fan of anime. So I guess my favorite superhero/es are The Powerpuff Girls Z! I am so in love with them (and their bad boy counterparts – The Rowdyruff Boys). Are they counted? I hope so. *giggles*
3. Do you own a pet?
Nah, I don’t. And please don’t throw rocks at me – but I really don’t want to have a pet. My parents think that my siblings and I are not responsible for that kind of proposition (but I’m not complaining – I’m a little scared of dogs and cats and everything). My latest pet is a little goldfish named Fish, and it sadly died because I was away on a camping(?) trip and my family didn’t even change the water – they thought I want to be the one. Too late, though. It only lived one day.
4. If you were to be part of a story in a book you’ve read, which one would it be?
Please put me in Cabin 20 – Hecate at Camp Half-Blood, please. I’m really a not-exactly-demigod (because she’s actually a Titan) waiting to be claimed. I’m working hard to prove my worth to master the skills of magic. It’s about time, mother!
5. What’s your favorite TV series?
I also don’t watch TV series often. I don’t watch 40-min long episodes featuring real live people. I’m proud to have managed watching the whole Season 1 of The Vampire Diaries. But again, I prefer anime – it’s still a series, right? Detective Conan is what I hold close to my heart – I’m now on Season 23. Very behind, but I’ll get there!
6. How do you see yourself 50 years from now?
So I guess I would be 67 years old, then. I presume I would be happily living with my future hypothetical (let’s call this ft, ugh) husband while my ft children and ft grandchildren would time in time visit us in our humble home here in the Philippines. I would still have reading as my hobby and in that time, my ft long-term goals were completed. I’m contentedly retired and helps out in the community every now and then. However, I still have that adventurous spirit, so I frequently travel whenever I can.
Ah, adulthood. We’ll soon meet. For now, let me enjoy my Math 11 exam tomorrow (not!). (Update: FREAKING HELL THE EXAM WAS SO HARD! I REVIEWED FOR DAYS BUT IT ALWAYS WASN’T ENOUGH. *cries*)
7. What’s your favorite music band?
ONE DIRECTION. *squeals and fangirls so hard*
I still miss Zayn, though. He’s the one I adore the most out of those five. But, I’ve moved on, shed a few tears (lol), and continued living my life.
8. What’s your favorite fruit?
It depends on my mood – either apples, oranges, or bananas. But, I often go with bananas. Those are just so YUM.
9. If you could change something in the world, what would that be?
Oh my, a Miss Universe question (kidding)! All right, even though I want to answer “eradicate poverty and hunger” or “remove cruelty from everyone”, I would not do that. These mass problems are one of the examples of a bitter truth that as rational human beings, we cannot change. In this world, everyone has his own specialization – we now need each other. I prefer to start small and use my talents to convince people to make their lives better. As a communication student, I want others to see that education is powerful – and advocating that can make a huge difference to people around me, maybe even the country. Change is constant and would always inevitably happen – but as for my case, I just want to influence others to think what I know would be beneficial to everyone.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
10. If you could live on another planet, what would that be?
Hmm… um, hi, Little Prince. Any room for someone like me on your planet? I’d love to take care of your rose and we’ll see the sunrise and sunset majestically. I also would love to share stories with you – I’m sure we would have a lot to talk about!
11. Do you think your blog inspires people and how?
Well – I guess! I would love to think that it does. Communicating with other bloggers is very important – so I believe with the exchange of ideas and experiences, one might find each other inspiring. You can’t inspire people without being a good example – I’m trying hard, believe me! Heehee.
Whew, this took long! All right, let’s do the next part.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. When I go to class, I hastily (and ugly-ly) write the notes on a piece of paper (usually a scratch of my siblings’ notebook pages of previous school years for economy) and after each day, type it on MS Word and print the accumulated typewritten notes every week. Tiresome but rewarding – I love to be organized (and I have a soft copy of my notes, too in Dropbox). I spend more or less than ₱200 ($5) each month for printing services.
2. I studied in a private Christian school since my kindergarten until my high school days – so it was my first time studying in a state university this year. University of the Philippines – Manila, although made me culture shocked the first few months, widened my horizons. Studying here mingling with students all over the country with different cultures and religions was satisfyingly amazing.
3. I had already traveled to Hong Kong and Bahrain for a short vacation. I got to see different cultures and beliefs – I want to see more of the exciting adventures in the world! (From what country are you? I would be glad to visit yours!)
4. I live in a ladies’ dormitory outside the university, but just a five-minute walk away from it. I’m still a freshman but it’s been very convenient – compared to my permanent address two hours away. Imagine that if I did not grab the chance – four hours of commuting everyday, and that’s a good day… traffic is THE commuter’s bitch here in the metro!
5. I have a pin of a unicorn with a pink mane on my bag. Did I mention how I love unicorns? UNICORNS ARE AWESOME. I don’t need to say more because it’s definitely obvious!
6. I am meticulous when it comes to research papers, concept papers, reaction papers – pretty much every written paper. I can spend hours or days changing the sentence constructions and adding or deleting content just to fit the paragraphs. The format and documentation needs to be perfect – I go beast mode and cringe when not. Here on my blog, my wordings are very informal. I have that side and this side – I’m confused. *nervous giggle*
7. I am very open to my family – relationships, school problems, life questions – and I know they’re trying their best to achieve an awesome connection, too (not that we haven’t had any now). That’s why it’s pointless for me to even lie where am I going or with whom am I going with – I can freely share those with them!
8. I like reporting. I don’t want to “like” it, though, because I am not really that fluent in expressing my thoughts. I need to practice and rehearse what I would say over and over in my head.
Anyway, there would always be a fucked up thing that would happen – like last time I reported, my wedges broke, and it’s a good thing that I have a spare sandals in my bag. The class nervously laughed because of what I called that time “wardrobe malfunction”, but that’s okay. I have this tendency to not give a damn whenever something embarrassing happened and just go with the flow – and do it fabulously!
But boy, I was surprised at some of my classmates’ written comments – two even singled me out and said that we clearly explained the topic, especially the first reporter (which was me). *flattered blush*
Sorry, I turned this into a narration – just can’t help it!
9. I was a member of our school publication back in high school, and I was stuck to Sports Writing for four years until I was in senior year. I don’t even like sports, much less know about the rules – but my motto back then was “embrace what you hate, you may love it”. Just nope, it didn’t work out. I switched to what I really loved – Copy Reading and Headline Writing and enjoyed it tremendously, even bagging a place in some contests (which didn’t happen twice on my four grueling years before). It was too late for me, though – I didn’t get the chance to refine my skills in that field because it’s my last year in high school. Bummer!
10. I shampoo every other day. Dove is the brand. That’s one of my struggles every morning – thinking if I had shampooed the day before or not…
11. I have chapped lips. So annoying. That’s why I prefer lip balms over any other lip products. How to remedy this, any suggestions? Heehee.
Yay, finally I’m done with this part. Haha!
I nominate these awesome bloggers:
- Emmanuelle @ The Bookish Temple
- Diana @ Voices in my head
- Mindy @ MindyGrimmBlogs
- Pierina @ Pierina Reads
- Tamara @ Tamara Dey
- Francie @ Cats, Cars and Vintage Guitars
- Joyce @ BOOKSHOARDERGAL
- Abbey @ Abbeysbookbløgging
- Bernie @ Bernie’s Musings and Doings
My questions for you:
- What was the last piece of clothing you purchased?
- Which is your favorite four-legged creature and why?
- What do you consider the most important piece of furniture in a house?
- Which is your favorite part of the human face and why?
- If you could change your name to anything, what would it be?
- Are you usually late, early, or right on time?
- If you ruled a country, who would you get to write your national anthem?
- What would be harder for you: to tell someone you love them or to that you do not love them back?
- Who is your favorite god from ancient history?
- If you were going to write a book, what would it be about?
- How do you like blogging so far?
Thank you for getting this far reading this post. LOL! Have anything to share? I’d love to hear from you!